Thursday, February 5, 2009

Clearly, I'm an idiot!!

Well, I should never have posted about the three car situation. I blew our Saturn's engine yesterday. I was less than two miles from a gas station where I could fill up and get oil for the engine. Needless to say, I didn't make it! The engine block has a hole in it because I'm an idiot. We just had the Saturn in for service and I meant to call and have them do an oil change, did I remember? NO! Did I not pass numerous gas stations, WalMarts, Targets, etc. to buy oil? But, no, I had to get to 72oo South to fill up and get oil.

I have never felt so stupid in my entire life. I road in a tow-truck—certainly not on my "to-do" list for my life. I had a love/hate relationship with the Saturn. It got good gas mileage, but was soooo loud and small.

So, instead of three cars we are down to two. After the gymnastics meet at the U tomorrow, D and I will stop and clean out the Saturn. It has the rods for my punches in it, as well as, some other things that I would prefer not to lose. And yet another car goes to the Kidney Foundation. I really don't think that Jeff is willing to pay $2500 to $3000 to put a used engine in the car.

When I told one of my classes today, a student (who I see every day) asked if I cried. When I said no, he wanted to know if I swore a lot. I replied in the affirmative. Now I want to cry. But there really is no point. I cried when the station wagon was hauled off. I learned to parallel park in a Colony Park station wagon. I can park anything!

So, we are back to two drivers and two vehicles. Maybe later we will buy another small car for its gas mileage. Over the last two days the Grand Voyager hit 30 mpg! with 1000 lbs of drywall in the back.

Guess what I will be doing this weekend? Hanging drywall! And working the daddy/daughter event for Girl Scouts. Neither my dh nor my dd are attending. Well, D might attend as a PA, but not with her dad. Neither of them thought the event looked interesting. I tried in Service Unit meetings to make it more appealing. But did anyone listen to me? No, of course not.

Well, since it is the wee hours of the morning, and I have to read 150 junior Language Arts exams tomorrow, I had probably post this and head to bed.

I hate hate hate February!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment