Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 x 3 box w/cards

I've been wanting to make this box with its accompanying cards for ages. I finally sat down last night and did it. I used the same paper and stamp set as the Splitcoasters tutorial. I really wanted to see how I was doing compared to the tutorial. Now I can go through my designer paper and choose something else. These were time consuming, but worth the effort. What did I do before I had an nestabilities? I can't wait to get more shapes. They cut down on time and add so much with just a little bit of effort.





After I took these pictures I realized that the adhesive isn't sticking as well as I would like. I re-stuck the ribbon on the one Kiwi Kiss card, but I just noticed the box and my computer isn't in my craft room.

I've been using a lot of retired colors lately, because I'm finally making cards and scrapbook pages and 3-d projects. It has been very nice to actually be able to see everything I have and can actually find things. When I was labeling all my stamp sets, I found that a ton of them are retired. I'm thinking of going through them and seeing what I really want to keep and what I'll be selling off. I have a few that I purchased off of e-Bay that I wonder "why did I buy that?" Those will definitely be the first to go.

Click here to place an order


stamp set: Dreams du Jour and Sprinkles
ink: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, and Pink Pirouette (all retired '08-'09 In Colors)
paper: Raspberry Tart DP (ret.), Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, and Pink Pirouette CS (all retired '08-'09 In Colors), and unknown white CS
accessories: markers: Old Olive, Regal Rose, and Rose Red, Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, American Crafts Elements 1/2" white grosgrain ribbon, Nestabilities, dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Button Bouquet (Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red ret.)

1 comment:

  1. Your box and cards look lovely. I've got a small fortune in paper myself, just waiting to be put to good use. Maybe I'll give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete