Friday, August 21, 2009

A striking resemblance

Last night (Wednesday), we watched Marnie with Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery. As a family we've been watching Hitchcock movies all summer. Psycho is next, but I won't be watching it with Jeff and Deirdre. I have a very low threshold when it comes to horror and blood, etc. While watching Marnie, I noticed a striking resemblance from Louise Latham to my grandmother. Now Louise Latham was made up to look older than she was, but the resemblance was startling.


These two pictures (above and below) are of Louise Latham in Marnie.


The below picture is of my grandmother and father at his graduation from Northwestern University in 1964 (the same year Marnie was released).


This picture is of my grandmother, father, and sister at his graduation from The University of Chicago in 1967.


There was something, besides the facial resemblance, in the mannerisms that just seemed similar. I'm not sure if it was the slight southern accent that my grandmother had or the tilt of the head, but watching the movie brought chills to me. Is the smile from the first picture to the last picture not almost exact? This is how I remember my grandmother, not the pictures of her with white hair and stooped over with a Dowager's Hump.

Click here to place an order

No comments:

Post a Comment