Thursday, July 30, 2009

Inspired by Carter's closet

After Libby so nicely took my advice and added Carter to her card inspiration challenge, I couldn't not participate. I don't have a dinosaur stamp, so I used my dragon from a long retired set Dreams & Dragons. I rapturously wrote about it here. I tried really hard to get rid of his wings and breath, but they didn't want to disappear totally. I didn't really have any circles either. Carter is sitting in a huge turquoise tunnel with circles cut out. So, I used bubbles instead. My layout is based on Splitcoasters card challenge SC239. I'm not sure if it still counts since I added another layer with the circle and the sentiment. I have no idea what I will do with this card. I'll put it in the box for an occasion in the future.

I just purchased my first set of nestabilities (all the circles), so I had to use at least one. I'm excited; it seems that everyone has at least one set of nestabilities and uses them frequently. I'm loving both them and my big shot dies. Once I had an idea of colors and layout, this card went quite quickly. Can I use another "q" word? :)



An update on Stellan can be found here. He is doing better, but still needs tons of prayers. He is headed to Boston any day now, as soon as there is a bed for him. Now that the medicines have kicked-in, he feels better. However, the high dosage of heart medication makes him really sick, so the doctors have added anti-nausea medicine as well. How his family manages I have no idea. Some people can take everything thrown at them and continue with life; others can barely handle just getting up every day.

stamp set: Dreams & Dragons (ret.) and Short & Sweet
ink: Taken with Teal, Basic Black
paper: unknown white CS, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, and Real Red CS
accessories: Pacific Point corduroy buttons (ret.), word window punch, Cuddlebug, bubbles cuddlebug texture, nestabilities, dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive


2 comments:

  1. I like it. I think the texture in the panels and the corduroy buttons are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute, I love the layout and I think you did a fantastic job converting him into a dino! And, I'm very glad I gave you an excuse to pull out a set that you love so much! :-) Thanks so much for the reminder to show Carter, and thanks for playing!!! (not to mention BIG thanks for reading my blog!!)

    ReplyDelete