Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Twilight camp

Last week I took my scouts to Wheeler Farm for Juniper Service Unit's Twilight Camp. They always hold their camp in the afternoon and evening because of the heat. So camp ran from 3:30 to 9:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We commuted back and forth each day leaving around 1:00 or 2:00 and getting home between 11:00 and 11:40.

At Juniper, accompanying adults are put with groups that don't include daughters, so I was with 8 year old Brownies. It was different working with the younger girls. I was supposed to be the helper for the group, but on the second and third days the unit leader didn't come, so that put me in charge of our unit. For our skit, the girls had Harry Potter since we were the "Broomsticks". They did a good job with almost no adult help. We did help them the first day figure out who they were, but after that they were on their own. My unit had really cute girls in it.



The far left group composes of Heather as Hermione, Hannah as Hagrid, Amelia (her back is to the camera) as Ron, and Celia as Harry. The middle group are the "evil" Malfoy (Serena), Crabbe (Cara), and Goyle (Alex). The last group is the twins Samie and Katie as Voldemort and Quirrell.

Getting pictures of my cadettes wasn't easy since I wasn't with them, but I did capture a few.


Watching the magician and eating dinner (D, Maddie, and Malynn and D, Sarah, Malynn, and Maddie).


Coming back from putting dinner back in the van (Malynn, Maddie, and D, and Sarah).

We have added a new member to our troop—Maddie from Ftn. Green. We are excited to have her along for the ride.

These pictures are from the girls helping the younger ones. Maddie worked with a Glass Slipper (the five year olds) while the others helped with Poppies. The girl sitting with her back to the camera next D is Jaydn, daughter of Melinda Despain, who I had as a junior back in the 1993-1994 school year. It truly is a small world.



No comments:

Post a Comment