Thursday, July 23, 2009

Well, I would have…

I would have had Deirdre take off her cap in the picture posted below, but she was only sort of cooperating. Her statement, "Mom, you're so exasperating!"

I love being a parent of a preteen (most of the time). I'll take preteens over whining six year-olds or know-it-all seventeen year-olds. Gotta love 'em at every age or you miss out on their lives.

I'd rather teach teenagers than elementary or middle school age! I still say the biggest difference between a two year-old and a teenager is the vocabulary. I learned that as a parent of a two year-old ten years ago and still stand by it. They want to spread their wings and fly without any interference "thank you very much." But, they also want the loving support of adults when they fly too close to the sun. Gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment