Monday, July 13, 2009

First card

Here's my first card without copying any ideas or layouts or colors. I know that in the scrapping world all of those are okay, but it sits hard with me. I love this set "A Kind Word." It was in the old catty and was carried over to the new one. It reminds of an artist from the early 80's, but I have no idea who that was just a memory of sweet round faces on the children. I colored the girl with watercolor crayons. Then I meticulously cut her out and mounted her on dimensionals. I also now know why some people don't like using chip board. It is a pain to cut out after covering in cardstock. I probably could have chosen an easier piece than the curly-que that I did.

After looking at now, I think I should have sponged the edges of the sentiment, but it's too late now. One lucky person will get this card for her birthday. It's pretty much a female card not male.


Supplies used:
stamp set: A Kind Word (SU!)
paper: Very Vanilla, Taken with Teal cardstock (SU!), Apricot Appeal textured cardstock (SU!), white cardstock (unknown)
ink: Stazon black, Certainly Celery (SU!) Taken with Teal (marker SU!)
watercolor crayons: Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal (SU!)
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta ribbon (SU!), word window punch (SU!), chip board (K&Co.), dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful. I love that image too. I seem to remember the artist you're referring to, but I don't remember the name either.

    ReplyDelete